BOC: A "dizzying excursion into Pearlman's world"

Albert Bouchard ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Sep 10 23:23:25 EDT 2004

On Jul 11, 2004, at 12:37 PM, Jason Scruton wrote:

> Years later, Prasad talks about the experience as a soul-scraping
> enterprise, and a dizzying excursion into Pearlman's world.

Just read the Popoff book. I feel bad about how ogre I've been
portrayed. I know I was obnoxious then but I've worked hard to be more
diplomatic in my criticism over the past 20 years. But I can still
obsess over the music (now I'm more into lyrics though) and I think
that is intimidating to those who do not. Really though I still think
these guys were a bit sissy-like. The Dictators never would have sacked
me and if I'd been with them (almost happened too) they might have had
a hit. Geez, that's not too diplomatic though is it? ;-) sorry. Am I a
product of Pearlman's neurosis?

Met Jerry Morotta (awesome Peter Gabriel drummer) last night at the
Zildjian cymbal new prototype roll out and we had a great chat. Best
quote, "Don't say that BOC needs a new drummer too loud or you'll clear
the room."

Drumming is something that is best not to obsess about once you figure
out your part.