OFF: Johnny Ramone

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Fri Sep 17 04:14:58 EDT 2004

On 16/09/2004 20:49, nick at THECOMPLETESHEET.COM wrote:
> Ironically, there's a lot of media attention being paid to Green Day right now, because it's roughly the 10th anniversary of their "Dookie" album.  Just read an article today at MTV.com where all these young pop-punk bands of today are talking about what an "influence" Green Day was on them when they were kids.  The music industry is in a sad state indeed.

Well, it is in a sad state, but then it's probably always been in a sad
state.  (Possibly the failure to cope with new delivery mediums and such
is an extra sad case, but hardly surprising, really).

I mean, since when have kids not listened to whatever was surrounding
them and been influenced by it.  How could people who were kids when the
first Green Day album broke big _not_ be influenced by it?  If this is
_so_ different than anything that's happened before?

Sure, its unfortunate that so much money and effort is spent to ensure
people hear stuff that isn't very good, but that's true for the
mass-marketing of anything.  The gourmets just gotta work a bit harder ....

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson