OFF: Sky Cries Mary

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Apr 7 15:31:46 EDT 2005

--- gary shindler <bewlay68 at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
> I thought of buying one of their CDs used but AMG
> doesn't give any of the reviews more than 3 stars.
> Any suggestions for a newbie?

"This Timeless Turning" is the best IMHO.  The
previous one "A Return to the Inner Experience" is
also good.  The debut "Until the Grinders Cease" is by
(essentially) a completely different band, and is
rather uninteresting industrial-type music.  I've
already talked about the 4th one (Moonbathing...hit
and miss), and that one EP (Seeds...four songs, good).
 They had an earlier CD-EP called "Exit at the Axis"
which is pretty good too.  But "TTT" is not only good
stuff, it's also very long, like 70 minutes, and has
some extended jams that are really nice.

"Fresh Fruits for the Liberation" is an OK
compilation, and has their cover tunes "2000 light
years from home" and "Wots...uh, the Deal".