OFF: Porcupine Tree

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Apr 13 05:43:56 EDT 2005

On 13/04/2005 10:17, Tony wrote:
> When did the Boatrace in Cambridge close?  I used to go there a fair bit
> when I lived in Cambridge!

In the last year or so -- it's now a trendy looking bistro-ish place.
Rumour has it that the people who run the Junction have applied to
open/build a new place of the same size as the Boat Race (since it's
license is free) but I don't know a) that this is true b) whether any
progress has been made if it is.

Cambridge is now equipped with the barn-like Corn Exchange (where HW
played last year), the Junction (decent but not an ideal location at
present), and then a couple of "pubs with little stages" like the
Portland Arms and Man on the Moon.  The Boat Race is sorely missed!

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson