OFF: New film 'bout Bob "Mini" Moog + a book to read

Alastair Sumner alastair_sumner at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 11 14:59:32 EST 2005

Does Tomita get a mention in the book? As a teenager in the 80s I got into
synths and I used to read a magazine called Electronics and Music Maker.
Isao Tomita used to get mentioned regularly, along with Tangerine Dream and
Wendy Carlos etc, for the incredible sounds he created. In my mind the guy
is a kind of synth Grandmaster but he rarely gets a mention these days.
Most people seem to see Kraftwerk as sole pioneers of electronic music,
probably because of the all-enveloping influence of dance music in the 90s.
I think this is a mistake.

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:39:30 +0100, Ketil Svendsen
<ketil.svendsen at FISKAREN.NHST.NO> wrote:

>Could get interesting!
>http://film.guardian.co.uk/features/featurepages/0,4120,1410235,00.html
>
>Anybody but me who'd like to see a documentary  about "the Putney", the
>brit-synth above all (and of Del Detmar-fame)?
>Anyways, here's recommended bed-reading:
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-
/0674008898/qid=1108125144/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-4205510-3640661?
v=glance&s=books&n=507846