HW: Cambridge & Astoria

Nick Lee nick.lee2 at VIRGIN.NET
Fri Jan 7 16:44:52 EST 2005

>>The "Assassins of Allah/Palestine" bit, apart from being stale and tired,
>>also had Richard fooling around with his electronic rack and not doing the
>>bongoing bit that he once did.  I remember it well from the Cleveland Agora
>>(1995) show (wow...this thing has now hit 10 consecutive years at least?!)
>>where Richard did some great stuff during Palestine.  It's still "OK" and I
>>like to have these trancey bits spliced into the occasional tracks, but it's
>>time for a new combo.

Older, for sure.  I think they were doing it as far back as '92,
definitely '93.  It was the 'middle bit' of Assassins before it was a
track in its own right on IITB...

>>or 'The Watcher' in place of 'Angels of Death,'
>>

>The Watcher works much better as a menacing track.

I'd maybe agree, but it was the best AoD I've heard in a long, long
while.  Much better slow and doomy than the speeded up metal version of
the mid-80's.  Dave was giving it some nice lead in with the riff as well.

>>On that note, 'Brainbox Pollution' is
>>pretty cool to have in there as an encore

The version of this at the Birkenhead souncheck was wonderful :-)

>The lightshow was amazing, particularly at Manchester.
>
>A great tour and hello again to all the folks I bumped into, and even
>the ones I just talked to...

Good to see you again too (and you Keith!)

Nick