Recommendations please

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Jan 26 06:08:52 EST 2005

On 25-Jan-2005 19:47, Arjan Hulsebos wrote:
> Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
>>Moving on from there, I'd definitely suggest _Palace Springs_ (barring
>>the pointless "Acid Test", pretty great latter-day HW and my favorite
>>version of Assault'n'Battery>Golden Void).
>>
> There's another reason for getting this one: Bridget Wishart's voice. Such a lovely voice, a shame she wasn't longer in the band.

Actually, though I don't count "Back in the Box" as bad, it doesn't do a
lot for me either -- though perhaps more because it's not such a great
song rather than anything to do with Bridget's voice.  I thought
"Images" from _Space Bandits_ was quite good, though -- just about the
strongest track on the album as recorded, really.  (Live versions of
"Out of the Shadows" rule mightily, but the studio version on the album
sounds weak to me.)

Cheers,
Carl

--