NIK: HW: Burg Herzberg etc.

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Thu Jul 21 12:48:57 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 12:33 -0400, Drill wrote:

> Gmail is excellent to me and they don't screw around, ever so far. The
> only problem I had earlier on was logging in with a dated Mac system
> and I quickly found a version of Firefox that would click through.
> Since then (gmail's still officially in beta testing) they've I think
> made a way through with POP3 and a more skeletal HTML version of their
> webmail. Give it a try, hardly even what you'd call a form to fill
> out.

If Gmail is to support POP3, where will they put the targeted adverts?
Will they insert them directly into your e-mail?

BTW, given the distaste Keith has shown in the past over store "loyalty
cards" and the profiling that goes with them, I doubt he'd be
comfortable using a service with serious privacy concerns like
Gmail. :-)

Cheers,

Paul.
e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu