NIK: HW: Sorry folks, my fault (2)

Maxine Wesley maxine.wesley at PORT.AC.UK
Tue Jul 26 05:50:43 EDT 2005

Last comment from me on this...(probably)...

As with Keith i hasten to point out that i was not making comparisons
between SR & HW and that i was merely relating my one experience of
seeing Space Ritual at a recent gig that i did not enjoy (and that has also
ruined any chance of getting my sister to leave the safety and comfort of
her lounge/tv setup ever again!)

Someone has proposed the title jazz/ska - yes maybe that coins it - acid
jazz/ska/skiffle/  - i kept thinking of really awful 50's program signature
tunes... cheesy and 'like groovy baby!' (Austin Powers)...i don't think the sax
helped...

As for - "if you don't like it, don't go!" - i didn't know how dire they would be
until I witnessed it (at a cost of about £20 inc. travel).. and well - maybe i
was trying to help others not fall into the trap that they would be getting
anything other than what, someone else pointed out, was a load of dreg.(not
to mention the embarrassment of standing next to my big sis while the
'dancer' attempted to arouse the crowd in latex - i think she thinks I'm some
kind of prevert now!!)

regards

Maxine