Galactic Patrol Alert : Bad Alien Ebay Bandit!

Tim ma-paharper at IOPENER.NET
Tue Nov 15 18:35:29 EST 2005

Well,let's play devil's advocate. Perhaps if the band would do more merchandising of their own music, then there wouldn't be a call for bootleg sales on e-bay. The band demanded a moratorium on tape trading of live shows, and has done nothing to replace it. Here in the States, we don't have the pleasure of seeing the Hawks multiple (or 1) time(s) a year. Why not sell cd-rs of their own shows through their own website; perhaps even a few free live song mp3 downloads (even Metallica has that). People obviously want more Hawkwind product than is 'legally' available; there must be some way to satisfy both the band (more $$ & fans) & the fans (more music); and at the same time, it will narrow the marketplace for bootleg product - you know you'll never stop the bootleggers themselves, it's like the 'war on drugs' -as long as there is a need, someone (legally or not) will find a way to meet that need.  What say guys, give us a break!
tim  8>)...