Julian Cope on BOC

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Mon Oct 10 14:16:31 EDT 2005

On 10 Oct 2005, at 18:23, Chip Hart wrote:
> Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
>> Well, I meant just covering "I Am the One" in concert would be cool--
>> because it's a cool tune that *someone* should be playing
>
>         I'll second that.  It also makes another example of a
>         originally-Bloom vocal that would sound great by Deb (think:
>         Baby Ice Dog).  Wait, that was Bloom, right?

According to my ears, yeah.

The acoustic (well, largely acoustic) "I Am the One" on _Malpractise_
has an Al vocal, but I agree that Frosting it up a la "Baby Ice Dog"
in an electric tBS version would work very well!

Cheers,
Carl

ps - I've tried to convince the little band I play in to cover "I Am
the One", but haven't pulled it off (we sometimes muck around working
up "Astronomy" though).  So I did my best to compose a song that
ripped off that vibe -- I don't think I succeeded, since even the
keyboardist, who knows the Imaginos album, didn't recognize the
inspiration for my rip-off attempt. (Admittedly, it's harder to
notice the similarity in a grimy demo recording with me playing and
singing everything ... but I had to try ;)

--
Carl Edlund Anderson
http://www.carlaz.com/