Speaking of filler...

Tony tony.orourke at TALK21.COM
Wed Sep 14 17:52:23 EDT 2005

It's one of those BOC albums that doesn't sound like a BOC album.  Half the
songs were written by people who previously had nothing to do with the band,
it sounds dated and some of the songs are just plain weak.  Whereas this is
dated, the first three albums, really right up to Spectres are (to me at
least) timeless.

Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On
Behalf Of Arjan Hulsebos
Sent: 14 September 2005 22:09
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: Speaking of filler...

David Kuznick wrote:

>or not.
>
>I think I may have brought this up way back in my first BOC-L go-round, but
why
>on earth does Club Ninja get so much venom spewed at it?  I REALLY like it!
>Sure, some of it sounds New Wave influenced, but SO WHAT?  Try throwing out
>your assumption of what a BOC disc SHOULD sound like, and *listen* to it.

That's something I've been wondering about myself. I too like it, mainly
because it is so different from what others have done, and from what
_they_ have done.

Personally, I find artists that try different things generally more
interesting than those that do the same thing over and over again.

Gr,

Arjan H