HW: album slagging

Thu Apr 6 17:28:05 EDT 2006

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 09:43:43AM +0100, Iain Ferguson typed out:
> but do you really prefer Choose your masks over Sonic Attack ?
>
> I love Sonic Attack, one of my actual fave Hawkwind Albums...

	Yes, I checked and everything. The songs on CYM just hit my
buttons more than the ones on _Sonic Attack_. The best things on _sonic
Attack_ IMO are `Rocky Paths' and `Coded Languages', neither of which
atre that great. Obviously the best thing on the album should be `Angels
of Death' but I find this one a really weak and dull version, perhaps
because I'd already seen better ones live when I got the album. And then
there's a clutch of soundalike second-rate tracks, the title rework
which is a bit tiring (though nothing like as bad as the CYM `Silver
Machine' I grant you) and then the synth bits which are less
interesting than the CM ones. However...

> Now if anyone has a copy of Sonic Attack on CD for sale let me know.

	... I'm afraid I'm still not selling my copy. But then, I'm not
even selling my copy of Pink Fairies _No Picture_ because it has
Kollector value even though it's categorically the worst album I own.
quite why I still own the second-worst, which is not Hawkwind-connected
except by a considerable stretch, I'm really less sure. Yours,
								Jon

ObCD: Motorhead - _Sacrifice_
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk