HW: Roadburn

SHLL (Scott Heller) shll at HAGEDORN.DK
Wed Apr 26 05:10:45 EDT 2006

Wow.. that was fucking amazing.. I was really blown away by Hawkwind and
I have never experienced such a great light and visual show ever. I
really liked the performers as well. They don't really dance.. They
perform. The set list was a heavy one as well with Lord of Light, Psi
Power, Brainstorm, Greenback Massacre, Assassans of Allah. Lots of old
stuff as well with Paradox, psychedelic warlords, upside down, etc...

I loved the show and got totally sucked into the whole vibe and the
sound was amazing.. My only doubt is that Jason plays these piano lines
that follows the melodies on all the old songs (including Brainstorm,
which they sound out of place). I wish he would make more spaced out
sounds. They really need a synth player who makes the old fashion
Del-Dik Mik sounds (Keith- where are you??) rather than a new agey piano
player but damn, they played great. I think it was the coolest show
since I saw them in 1989..

Allan said they were filming and recording for a DVD but I did not see
any cameras up front at all so it would have had to have been all filmed
from the lighting rig???

Also, it would appear the Bergen DVD may not ever see the light of day.

what other news??? I had a nice chat with richard and alan and short
with Dave. All were in Super moods..

later

scott

www.oresundspacecollective.com