BOC: Singles Collection

nick at THECOMPLETESHEET.COM nick at THECOMPLETESHEET.COM
Tue Aug 1 02:49:26 EDT 2006

I have this.  Picked it up as an import a few months ago.  Not sure why I bothered. . . didn't really need these songs yet again.

Liner notes by Malcolm Dome add litte. . . except to explain why some of these songs are on a "singles" collection.  For instance, "Moon Crazy" was released as a single in Japan, while "We Gotta Get Out of This Place" was released in Holland and Germany.

What I was too stupid to realize at the time, though is that this disc is called The SINGLES Collection.

As such, "Cities on Flame" is a mere 3:16. . . with no jamming.

Most other songs are NOT, though.  Off the top of my head, the only other one is "White Flags", which just starts a little LATER than the Club Ninja version.  It could also be mixed differently or something, but don't quote me on that.  There's just something about it that sounds "off" to me.

If you already own the BOC catalog and then some, there's no need for this.  If I had my choice, I'd take my 20 bucks back.

--Nick