BOC: Sunday Times review

Ted Jackson Tjackson at SYR.EDU
Tue Aug 1 07:29:12 EDT 2006

>>> tony.orourke at TALK21.COM 7/31/2006 3:59 PM >>>
The one exception was Max Bell (?) who worked for the NME in the mid 70s.  I
think he must have been a fan.  I can't remember whether it was his or Sandy
Robertson's (Sounds) spread on BOC in '75/76 that got me interested.
Old person signing off...

As for his running down of BOC, well, let's face it,
not too many professional music writers have ever
seen eye to eye with us...

This is kind of funny, as way back when they started,
BÖC were considered a 'critics band,' no doubt
because their management had a background
in rock criticism.  The affinity for the band on
the part of the rock-crit community certainly
had a role in breaking the band commercially...

tj