One Eyed Bishops: gig review and set list from 8/25: Buzz's tavern; Mt. Holly NJ

Burro Mike sloterdijk at MSN.COM
Mon Aug 28 13:14:01 EDT 2006

This was a particularly enjoyable show, although getting the band together
and out of their day jobs early enough to be in Mt. Holly to set up for a
5PM start proved difficult.
Apparently Jay's employers were much less than understanding. Nonetheless we
all got to Buzz's and started a bit late, but made up for the time by
playing later into the evening.

Outdoor shows are always a little different to begin with, and happily the
rains held off till the twilight hours. The band did two sets, however I can
only approximate what tunes were played when, as i never wrote a formal set
list down, just a song list, and all but one tune from the list was actually
played..

One Eyed Bishops: Buzz's Tavern, Mt Holly, NJ 8/25/06

I Know You Rider
Smokestack Lightning
The Wizard
One Ugly Child
Washboard Blues
Golden Void
Hymie The Winey
The Last Time
Muleskinner Blues
Sect Appeal
Ride a White Swan
Hurry On Sundown
Who Do You Love?
Big River ( sung by Greg )
On the road Again
The Red Rooster
House of the Rising Sun
Go Down Sunshine
Caroline

lineup:

Greg Elwell:   amplified acoustic guitar, vocals on 'Big River'
Mike Burro:    amplified acoustic guitar, vocals
Jay Adcock:   drumkit, washboard, backing vocals