HW: Remastered Robert Calvert classics

Wed Dec 13 09:25:34 EST 2006

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 05:57:28PM -0600, Rich W typed out:
> Bonus tracks (Captain Lockheed):
>
> The Right Stuff (full version) (Recorded at Olympic Studios in October
> 1973 -- Previously unreleased)
> Ejection (single version)
> Catch a Falling Starfighter (single version)
>
> (Unreleased?) Bonus Tracks (Lucky Leif):
>
> Howzat!
> Cricket Lovely Reggae (Cricket Star)
>
> See www.eclecticdiscs.com

	I'm sorry, I should have done that to start with. Thankyou. But
this is interesting isn't it, that's the first time the `Cricket Star'
single's been out since its first release isn't it? I'd assumed it had
got lost. I'll have to be getting that for Kollector value alone :-)

> I was surprised they didn't include both versions of 'Making of Midgard'
> on Lucky Leif, though I'll be happy to take the original vinyl mix since
> it will be it's first time on CD, and was it 'Widow Song'? that was
> completed later and turned up on aFriends and relations comp(but is on
> the original Lyric sheet for Cpt Lockheed)

	It's on one of the F&R things I think. Ah yes, _Friends &
Relations 3_, says Knut Gerwers's encyclopaedic site, which also adds
that the track was finished off with Jill Calvert's vocals during the
_Freq_ sessions:

http://aural-innovations.com/robertcalvert/works/calvertworks4.htm

	I would have looked there first but escaping that site is really
really difficult and I'm supposed to be working... Yours,
							  Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk