Deb Frost is metal

Jason Scruton js3619 at ACMENET.NET
Fri Feb 3 18:17:33 EST 2006

>Carl wrote:
> > On 03/02/2006 14:45, blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM wrote:
> > > Excellent. Although you could say that the Surgeons have taken over
> ownership of Vera Gemini, Tattoo Vampire...even (blasphemy) D&S, TR&TB and CoF.
> >
> > And, I would argue, "Death Valley Nights"!
>
>Of course! <slaps head>

Um, Hi.

I just put the disc in my CD player 5 minutes fter I got home from work.

The BOC/Brain Surgeon connection songwise is interesting, 'cause I've
wrestled over it in my head too.  The Brain Surgeons can Out-BOC BOC on ANY
of the songs that Albert wote because they're Albert's songs, With the One
True Drummer behind the kits, with the lens from the Black Telescope as
their focus,  they have the rhythm and ferocious jazz that the tunes
require.  BOC hasn't owned those songs (performance-wise) since '81. THey
play Cities so g-d slow in concert now I feel like I could tall asleep.
Argh!   Furthermore,  the other assembled Surgeons  (always have) locked in
with the grace dancing beasts of tunage from those many years ago because
they WANT AND NEED TO ROCK AND ROLL. This incarnation moreso than before!

2.   I will forever be impressed by any band that performs a GOOD song
about Potsdam, NY.

I'm in no condition right now to write more because I just recovered from a
stomach bug.

More this weekend after my stereo plays the alb another 20 or so times.

Viva la revolution!
Jason