A lost fan?

pete howe sunboxhouse at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 10 06:29:29 EDT 2006

Yes..its a very good point..im pretty eclectic in my tastes..and if you
visit official websites
like those of sigur ros and massive attack..theres miles of FREE
downloads..from studio material(complete tracks..not just snippets!), to
live material..video downloads, audio downloads..etc.
As a very good example, Sigur Ros have recently become HUGE..and are signed
to EMI..but you can watch a whole 2 hour VIDEO of a live concert, DOWNLOAD
ALL THEIR LATEST VIDEO SINGLES..FREE..and also download FREE quite a lot of
previous studio work,and live material(in either video or MP3 audio
only)..What has it made me do?..GO AND BUY THEIR LATEST 2 studio CDS!
EQUALLY FRUSTRATING..despite all the legal wrangling, of a hundred record co
changes and a hundred members coming and going...and the limited
"sellability" factor ..why the heck cant Hawkwind sort out their back
catalogue of studio CDs AND GET THEM RELEASED??Theres virtually nothing post
"hall of.."available..Even the pretty awful "distant horzons" is already
deleted, and fetching a packet on Ebay.(They managed the EMI released triple
cd of studio material, covering ALL phases of their lengthy career..so it
MUST be possible)..but..
All thats available are pages and pages of mainly pretty  grim  "live this,
live that"..and the "wierd tapes" collection..Woopee..
Then they moan about Rock Fever, and Sunrise Records..Personally,im rapidly
changing my viewpoint about these illegal cds..At least they look
professional and are making the material available..and fans really want to
complete their studio cd collection(ok, ive got everything on vinyl up to
about "palace springs")..then the rest on cd,but.. those missing years
between "hall" and when i started buying cds..nitemare!  .. AND WHY SHOULD
WE PAY EXTORTIONATE AMOUNTS ON EBAY??..but the likelihood of anything post
'74,studio released AND official looks evermore unlikely..(and p.s.- this
studio stuff isnt even available on "pay"download sites for you young
peoples ipods and mp3 players- :-)!)
Oh well...at least my software that burn copies from vinyl to cd
works..personal use only, of course..
    Pete