Eastern Haze Impressions

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Jul 25 12:55:58 EDT 2006

Tom Byrne writes:

> The real ale tent was most appreciated

I knew we'd drink it dry though. Next time they oughta have 4 and 8 pint
flagons for us to buy in bulk. They'd sell more and we wouldn't have to
keep moving between the stages and the real ale tent.

> However, the atmosphere was such that the local power should have no
> hesitation in running such an event again. I saw no trouble whatsoever and
> everyone looked as though they were having a thoroughly great time.

I saw one guy busted at the gates for some kinda stash. They offered "we
confiscate or we call the cops and they confiscate - you choose..." He
made a stupid fuss and the cops were called to bust him. No violence
though and I didn't even hear of any nicking from tents. Definitely a
very easy-going atmosphere.

> So we finished the set with a new one 'Dynamo', which I think went of quite
> well, and I was pleased to see Rob Dreamworker write in his gig review 'good
> effort', if not his kind of music.

"Dynamo" was a cracking song and I was a bit disappointed it wasn't on
your CD...

> Playing at this event was a fantastic experience for us all, and especially
> for drummer Matthew who was celebrating his 18th birthday.

I think I may have met him. Nice chap...

FoFP