BOC: More cowbell - this weeks NME

Charlie Grant grinningboy at NTLWORLD.COM
Mon May 22 17:53:33 EDT 2006

Following on from this (now last) week's NAME, BOC also got a mention in the
same weeks Erring! - and again under the more cowbell banner.
In an article entitled '25 classic rock anthems you must own' the 17th on
the list, in no particular order was as follows (and I quote):

MORE COWBELL!
(Don't Fear) The Reaper / Blue Oyster Cult.
Death and romance in one easy package - what better song for HIM to cover on
their 'Greatest Love Songs, Vole 666' debut?
Although BOC's Buck Dharma disputes it, the song is generally thought to be
about suicide.
Find it: 'Agents of Fortune', 1976.

2 BOC mentions in the British music press in one week!
Long live the cowbell :-))

The list of rock anthems also included such stuff as GM'S, Motley Cure, Bon
Jove, Rainbow, Deep Purple and Alice (not forgetting the Final countdown by
Europe)

Charles the Grinning Boy.