How to capture the Roadburn Festival webcast to disk

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Tue May 23 07:22:02 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 11:38 +0100, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
> On 23/05/2006 11:19, Pierluigi Fumi wrote:
> > on my windows machine is working removing ' and changing the spaces with
> > %20
> > Here's my command:
> > mplayer
> > rtsp://streams.omroep.nl/vpro/28266607/surestream.rm?title=Hawkwind%20-%20Roadburn%202006&author=Hawkwind
> > -dumpstream -dumpfile Hawkwind_Roadburn_2006.rm
>
> Ah ha!  That seems to have started working!  Many thanks :)
>
> Now I just have to sit tight while I wait for it to spin through, then I
> can try the clever plan to turn it into a WAV ....

Unfortunately, there seemed to be some line-breaking of the commands I
sent in the original e-mail, but URL-escaping the spaces (replacing them
with %20) is one way around the problem.

I actually found that you can get rid of everything after the
"surestream.rm" part and it will still work.  In other words, use just
"rtsp://streams.omroep.nl/vpro/28266607/surestream.rm" as the stream
URL.

I also found that by changing the number between the "vpro/" and
"/surestream.rm" parts in the URL you can capture other streams from the
festival.  For example, use 28245063 as the id to listen to the rather
tasty Bevis Frond set (featuring Bari Watts in the lineup).  I'll post
the other stream ids (for Orange Goblin, Gorilla, etc.) when I finish
making a list of them.

Cheers,

Paul.
e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu