HW: How to capture the Roadburn Festival webcast to disk

Sat May 27 09:23:33 EDT 2006

On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 11:12:14AM +0100, Paul Mather typed out:
> Oh, and thanks also for the presumption that those who download this
> stream won't also buy the official release when it comes out.  Kudos for
> the extra hint at the end that people will flog it on eBay, too.

	I'm not saying it'll be anyone here who does it, but I'm sure it
*will* be on Ebay, and more certainly still on bootleg CD stalls in
markets across the country before the month is out. The question is
whether this matters to the band's revenue or not, and really I doubt
very much that it does. Nobody buys crappy audience recordings or even
compressed streams who doesn't have the real stuff already, surely? But
really the band don't need to worry about eBay bandits, because people
like us will report them. If there's anyone making money out of their
music that isn't the band it's still the old-style bootleggers. Yours,

Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk