OFF: Orange Goblin (was: HW: How to capture the Roadburn Festival)

Colin Allen colinjallen at YAHOO.CO.UK
Tue May 30 06:46:55 EDT 2006

The Goblin do seem to have recovered their form; they are an excellent live band again.  Well worth seeing.

  Colin

Jonathan Jarrett <jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
  On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 11:34:01AM -0700, Keith Henderson typed out:
> P.S. Orange Goblin last night here in Columbus...my ears still hurt.
> Cool song selection...Solarisphere, Blue Snow, Quincy, Scorpionica,
> Hot Magic/Red Planet...older tracks I didn't expect really.

The last report I heard of Orange Goblin was that they'd lost
Chris Butler the drummer, and what with him gone and only one guitarist
they'd basically become a pub band with a big following. Do you reckon
they've still got something special after all? They keep being on bills
which I'm halfway convinced by and I don't really want to turn up and
find that a band who were such a good live experience aren't any more,
so I don't decide to go in time. All reports gratefully received, yours,

Jon (who would of course go and see them anyway if they were playing
pubs rather more)
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
(Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk