Recommendations on Expanding My Library

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Oct 2 17:08:36 EDT 2006

  Carl said...

  >There _is_ an evolution in their sound, actually, but it seems to be driven >mostly by them becoming less and less like a band and more and more >like an Ed Wynne solo project ;)

  I saw something about original (?) Ozric Merv Pepler rejoining on drums...is that a permanent change?

  Anyway...

  Gong - You, Angel's Egg, then Camembert Electrique (careful, not the same as 'Camembert Eclectique') for 'Fohat Digs Holes in Space' alone.

  Ozrics - Strangeitude, and then work either forwards or backwards in time to taste, it matters not so much.

  Kraftwerk - 1, or 2, or Autobahn  (actually, get the first Neu! album instead)

  Grakkl

  P.S.  Nektar has just announced an ambitious US/NA tour.  Go to www.nektar.us for dates.  They have a brand new lineup again, with just Roye and Ron Howden from the original band.  Plus a brand new album coming out...their last one (Evolution) was half-decent (whereas the previous one was pretty dire IMHO), so I have some hope.