Hall of Fame

Jason M. Scruton js3619 at ACMENET.NET
Thu Oct 12 15:03:31 EDT 2006

> I think the odds of BOC and Hawkwind making the Hall are approximately "slim"
> and "none." Maybe if the Hall was based at Stonehenge....

The "Megaliths of Rock n' Roll" does have a certain ring to it.

Slim sound too high, odds-wise speaking. They're going to be part of the cadre
of artists that certain people know about while the generally-informed to
novice listener will just acknowledge their names with a "huh?"  Besides, the
very idea of Hawkwind at the get-go favors an "off the grid" approach.  BOC
knocked themselves off the grid for decades.

ever the optimist, eh?
Jason.

PS: anyone out there equally baffled by the mudslinging around the Easy Action
Sonic's Rendez-vous band box set? I admit that when they did their MC5 box it
seems like all they did was gain posession of Total Energy's tapes and
re-released them.  I always felt the original discs were legit because John
Sinclair penned the liner notes, but who knows.... business and music don't
mix.

np: North Circular, Bevis Frond.