HW @ Cambridge (was Re: Northampton gig)

Steve Bishop steve.bishop at DB.COM
Thu Oct 26 05:59:43 EDT 2006

As I was standing a couple of feet from Carl I can wholly concur with his views of the evening !!

The band seemed to be really relaxed and enjoying themselves, they were laughing and joking between and during tracks and it was a pleasure to be part of it.

I thought the set was brilliant and I love the back catalogue but my only concern would be that there doesn't appear to be any 'new' compositions getting an airing - is the band now just relaxed into playing a mixed set of their vast and wonderful historical archives or are the creative juices still flowing and we will still get some new tunes at some point ?

Another quick q - Alan was drinking bottled water and also a small tumbler of a darker liquid - any idea what it was ? My mate Yeti and I had a discussion as to whether it was rum or some form of throat medication to keep the vocal chords sweet !!!!

Quality evening though and good to meet Carl .........

Bish
---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.