A Miracle!/Nearfest ticketing

John Majka jmajk at INDY.RR.COM
Tue Apr 3 09:28:17 EDT 2007

> On Apr 3, 2007, at 2:49 AM, Keith Henderson wrote:
>
>>   P.S.  What happened with NearFest?  Anybody get/not get tix?
>
> I got up at 5AM and drove a couple of hours up to the box office and
> waited for tickets to go on sale. Mission accomplished. Tickets sold
> slightly slower this year because the theatre had a new online  ticketing
> system that couldn't cope with the rush. Hopefully it will  all go as
> planned, as I haven't seen Hawkwind since moving to the US  shortly after
> Hawkestra. Inspired me to rejoin the list, so *wave* to  folks I know, and
> "pleased to meet you" to those I don't. :)

Living in Indiana, I couldn't drive there, so I had to settle for getting my
ticket online, which was a hellish ordeal.  The online ticketing system was
perplexing (i.e. being forced to buy a "10,000 full" whatever that is--I
hope it's a ticket!), and it was obviously swamped with people.  It was
least an hour after tickets went on sale that I was finally able (after
thousands of refreshes and button presses) to make my purchase, which wound
up being in the balcony *sigh*.  Being an early bird definitely did not pay
off in this case.  And then of course let's not forget that HW haven't even
confirmed the show....

John Majka