Tragedy

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Mon Apr 16 14:44:23 EDT 2007

On 16 Apr 2007, at 5:56 PM, Guido N. Vacano wrote:

> Hello--
>
> Apparently, there were a large number of shootings at Virginia Tech
> today, with at least 22 people dead. I hope you're OK Paul.

Thanks for asking.  I'm actually in Blighty right now, watching the
coverage unfold on BBC News 24.  It's just all so bizarre and so
horrible.  I just can't reconcile it with the cow town I know that's
Blacksburg.

First day of classes were cancelled because of the Morva killings; my
lab building closed for the weekend because of a bomb threat; and now
this. :-(

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu