Tragedy

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Tue Apr 17 08:11:14 EDT 2007

On 17/04/2007 12:48, Jean Lansford wrote:
> That's more a Texas/Wild West attitude. Appalachia isn't as
> handgun-crazy. Just don't try to take their hunting guns from
> them.

Yeah, while there's a lunatic fringe scattered around the US who think
they are in the Wild West, most people in favour of gun-ownership don't
-- even the people who are in the "gunrack in the pickup" demographic
don't think they're in the Wild West.

I think the UK's gun regulations are a bit extreme, but the US's are a
bit too liberal.  The whole issue over there (in the US) has become way
too politicized, to the point where no one who might want to propose
sensible legislation can.  If there's something good to come out of this
tragedy, hopefully it's that moves debate on the gun issue in the US
back into slightly more productive areas.

Right, that's me done with this off-topic issue!  Anyone else got the
new Alan Davey yet? :)

Cheers,
Carl

--