Tragedy

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Apr 17 09:09:21 EDT 2007

Carl Edlund Anderson writes:

> On 17/04/2007 10:47, M Holmes wrote:
> > Virginia seems like the sort of place I'd expect someone to
> > shoot back long before we got to that number of victims.

> Maybe some parts of Virginia, but not the VT campus itself, I think.  I
> think a large section of its student body are not from the "gunrack in
> the pickup" demographic -- and I'm not sure even those that might be
> "carry" into their classrooms!

I checked on the web. The students are victims of the federal law which
makes illegal any gun-carry in educational institutions. It's hardly
surprising that the nutters pick on these places when the legislation
guarantees them Safety At Work.

Compare and contrast with that mall where the would be spree-killer was
shot at (and possibly shot) by an out-of-state cop exercising his
concealed-carry rights. The folks who penned and voted for that law have
blood on their hands too.

FoFP