Va. Tech Professor

Jean Lansford oystrgal at BELLSOUTH.NET
Wed Apr 18 11:43:31 EDT 2007

> From: albert bouchard <albert at CELLSUM.COM>
>
> Can we just cut the gun lobby crap? This whole thing makes me sick.
> As a pedagogue I can think of plenty of teachers it would be a very
> bad idea to arm. The whole thing is just sad and there a million
> better ways to be a hero than blasting it out with the bad guys.

In this part of Gun Country, it's called Rambo Fever. We see it after every shooting.

Librescu was a hero, no doubt about it.

I wanted to mention another of the slain professors, something that won't make it into the mainstream media but that will be of interest to some here. One of the first killed in Norris Hall was (Christopher) Jamie Bishop. Jamie's father is SF writer Michael Bishop, author of Ancient of Days, one of Bloomsbury's 100 Must-Read Science Fiction Novels.