[GGCoolPeopleTalk] Slain Israeli Professor Saved Others in Va. Tech Massacre

Ted Jackson Tjackson at SYR.EDU
Thu Apr 19 07:29:42 EDT 2007

>>> arjanh at WOLFPACK.NL 4/18/2007 2:19 PM >>>
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 13:28:35 -0400, nick wrote
> I almost wish they'd arm everyone, just so the people who think
> everybody SHOULD be armed could see what a dumb idea that would be.

Just a look at the Animal Kingdom is enough for that. Animals that can
kill
one another with a single bite/sting/whack are usually very careful
_not_ to
kill each other when battling over turf/MOTOS/etc. The story then goes
that
mankind's aggression level is still as it was when we had nothing more
than
our bare hands to do battle with.

Right, carnivores never attack other carnivores.  Only exception
being domesticated dogs trained to hunt predators.  But in
the wild they avoid other hunters...

> "No, we'd only arm law-abiding citizens".  Yeah, like the Virginia
> Tech gunman was. . . before he killed 32 people.

As I once read: "hindsight is an exact science".

On the other hand, although this is a very tragic case, the number of
people
killed by arms pales into insignificance when compared to the number of
people
killed by our modern-day traffic....

In the US, the leading cause of death for young
African-American males is murder!

theo