OFF: History (Was Re: test)

Fri Aug 24 07:13:02 EDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 08:09:36PM -0500, mike coleman typed out:
> then how about some info on the guy who sang "and I just wanna die, and I
> just wanna die, and I just wanna die, I'm sure you know of him at least,
> there is certainly a connection, and those guys might not even have their
> own forum yet, FAIK
> hint, first name starts with a T
> first band initial is a :F

	Or a P, or an A and an L, or a B... It seems only the A & L is
doing much at the moment and even they seem to have been silent for a
year or more. I guess a big break somewhere didn't happen. But I, like
you Mike, would like to know what's happening with the F. Two or more
years ago there was a project to release the two Flipside albums in a
box set with some other things including the hardly-released film
soundtrack they did, _When Science Fails_, and the unreleased album that
was being projected in 2003, altogether in a box set. And I mailed
Tommy and said "yeah man tell me more" and he sent me back a rambling
mail being glad at my enthusiasm, and then six months later I sent him
another saying, "so, any news on this?" and only silence came there
back...

	The annoying thing is it sounds as if there is whole bunches of
material, but too many obstacles, possibly including fecklessness, for
it to actually make it to a label. Not to mention that of the last three
labels Farflung (for yes, that's who we're talking about guys and girls)
released on, two are now dead. Oh but come on. I've still never forgiven
myself for not finding out in time when they came to England. Yours,
								     Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk