HW: Mr. Dibs

Sun Aug 26 16:34:57 EDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 11:14:43AM +0200, SHLL (Scott Heller) typed out:
> Anyway...I am curious what people think, if he is the real one for the
> job or just filling in? Is he good enough, will he add something to the
> band, bring something fresh in, make the band more creative, move in
> another direction...or just take orders from the top???  I am curious..

	Dibs has got to be one of the most loyal workers the band's ever
had, so if there are orders from the top I'm sure he'll be taking them;
he's been roadying for them for ages after all. And Hawkwind have surely
been highly successful with a worse bass player on board than Dibs
(well--I like _Choose Your Masques_ anyway). As for more creative,
though, I can't believe the bass-player was the problem with creativity;
look how many projects Alan has on the go! If I had to guess why he's
decided to leave again it's because of *stifled* creativity. Maybe Dibs
will be easier for Dave to work with, but I somehow doubt any new
directions are going to come from him, because he will I guess follow
the direction he's given quite happily, if one is given at all. But in
terms of keeping the live unit functioning with minimum disruption, he's
the only sensible choice, and he must be well pleased with getting the
gig at last. Yours,
		    Jon

ObCD: The Jimi Hendrix Experience - _Are You Experienced?_
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk