HW: Mr. Dibs

Sun Aug 26 18:15:46 EDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 07:17:54AM -0400, Ted Jackson typed out:
> Hey, didn't Ade Shaw play in Hawkwind for a
> while?  I saw him in Bevis Frond, and from
> what I heard he stands pretty tall as a bassist.
> Easily as good a player as Lemmy...

	Ade Shaw's a lovely guy and an excellent bassist, though a very
understated style compared to Alan or indeed Mr Dibs. Most importantly
though he appears to be unwilling to work with the Captain these days:

http://www.starfarer.net/ashawint.html

	And I think if he were to be asked to throw himself back into a
band with a live schedule even as active as Hawkwind's he'd need the
kind of reassurances that he doesn't seem to have found it possible to
get in that interview. Just my opinion though, because as you can tell
from that interview it's impossible to coax more than a slightly
regretful word out of Adrian for even rock's worst personalities. One of
the music world's true gentlemen. Yours,
					 Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk