"Watching the Grass Grow" versions

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Mon Jul 2 04:09:35 EDT 2007

On 02 Jul 2007, at 00:19, EliPXR5 at AOL.COM wrote:
> Sounds like the version from the original issue of Do Not Panic
> This Is
> Hawkwind (Live From Stonehenge) This was originally a double vinyl,
> a full length
> 12 inch of early eishties live Hawkwind, and a second vinyl 12 inch
> of shorter
> duration that included Watching The Grass Grow, which I believe is
> the version
> you seek. I think that the date is correct for the shorter record.

Yup, it would make sense that it's from _This is Hawkwind, Do Not
Panic_, since I definitely have a CD of that (albeit in the US right
now), and probably would have scooped a few tracks off it.  I just
didn't remember the spoken intro that came before Nik's "We are the
survivors ...", which made me wonder if it was a different source or
something .... But I guess not!

Thanks guys,
Carl

--