HW: live material

Jill Strobridge jill.strobridge at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Thu Jul 12 19:04:45 EDT 2007

You mean everyone who has ever played in the band receives an equal share of
any and all revenues generated from the release of live material?    Such
equality would certainly mean that no one person would ever make a fortune
out of it since there would be such a large number of people involved.   It
might not be an impossible task to draw up such a list.    I seem to
remember (way back when I used to receive BOC mailings on a mainframe
computer) a gig list going back to the 70s listing not only the tracks but
also the band members on stage for each show!   It's true that some people
have only ever played once or twice with the band and never composed any of
the music so there's a strong argument for a considerable element of
inequality involved in such a share out.   But taking the view that everyone
who has ever played in the band, whether once or a thousand times, has
helped to create the Hawkwind sound and maintain the name, and thinking of
the benefits of spreading large amounts of Hawkwind live all around the

Only dreaming!
jill

Jill Strobridge <jill.strobridge at blueyonder.co.uk>