(OFF) Aural Innovations

vzenv14m maryann.sullivan1 at VERIZON.NET
Fri Jul 13 18:25:35 EDT 2007

With respect to Alan vs. Dave Anderson, I think it's all in how the
material's used, or in Mr. Anderson's case, abused.  Whoever is continuing
to rerereleases Uri, and a few other poorly bits should be ashamed of
themselves for releasing something of such poor quality.  If the show were
released now, and had been cleaned up, a lot, I may have a different
opinion, the show (from what I've heard), sounded like a really great show,
and Calvert's material is brilliant.
As a fan turned member I think Alan would have enough respect to release
something of quality, or not at all, with all the legal wheeling and
dealing.  I believe, and this is opinion only, Alan probably wanted to work
on more of his own material.  This is all conjecture, on my part.  I don't
know what the vibes were between him and the rest of the band.  As I've said
before, I wish him all the best, and I really mean that, I've always liked
Alan.
Dave is Hawkwind personified.  Nik may say he's the spirit of Hawkwind, and
nobody can deny Nik has had a major place in the Hawkwind family, but Dave
has put all his energy into the band, so I believe he has the right to
determine what happens to Hawkwind music.  Just a few thoughts, I know I'm
not saying anything original here.

Peace,

Kaduflyer