(OFF) Aural Innovations

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Sat Jul 14 07:50:10 EDT 2007

On 13 Jul 2007, at 23:25, vzenv14m wrote:
> As a fan turned member I think Alan would have enough respect to
> release
> something of quality, or not at all, with all the legal wheeling and
> dealing.  I believe, and this is opinion only, Alan probably wanted
> to work on more of his own material.  This is all conjecture, on my
> part.  I don't know what the vibes were between him and the rest of
> the band.  As I've said before, I wish him all the best, and I
> really mean that, I've always liked Alan.

My conjectures would align with those conjectures!

> Dave is Hawkwind personified.  Nik may say he's the spirit of
> Hawkwind, and nobody can deny Nik has had a major place in the
> Hawkwind family, but Dave has put all his energy into the band, so
> I believe he has the right to determine what happens to Hawkwind
> music.

Dave is certainly the captain of the ship.  Lemmy is Motörhead, Iommi
is Sabbath, Dave Brock is Hawkwind, etc., etc.  My experience with
Nik is very limited, though from where I stood he seemed like a good
guy and a gentleman ... though even knowing what little I know about
his personality and Dave's, I can see why there could occasionally be
some ... issues :) there!

Ach!  Musicians and artists!  Excepting that they're the only way to
get music and art, nobody would ever trouble to work around all the
personalities and egos and traumas and associated impedimenta! ;)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson