HW: Mystery "Brainstorm" (around 4:28 long)?

Tue Jul 24 17:27:41 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 11:41:07AM +0100, Carl Edlund Anderson typed out:
> I thought it might be, though the online discographies I've checked (for
> example, <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Your_Area>) suggest the
> "Brainstorm" on _In Your Area_ forms part of a single track:
> "Brainstorm" (Turner) / "Hawkwind in Your Area" (Brock/Rizz) 11:08.
>
> ... though my mystery "Brainstorm" is by itself and only 4:28.  But
> perhaps the track listing on Wikipedia for "In Your Area" is wrong, and
> "Brainstorm" is a separate track on the CD from "Hawkwind in Your Area"?
>
> I haven't got the "In Your Area" disc in the UK with me -- can anyone
> confirm/deny the details of the "Brainstorm" track on it?

	The problem here is that the track splits on the disc and those
listed on the sleeve aren't the same. The sleeve tells you:

1. Brainstorm
2. Hawkwind in Your Area
3. Alchemy
4. Love in Space
5. Rat Race
6. Aerospaceage Inferno
7. First Landing on Medusa
8. I Am the Reptoid
9. The Nazca
10. Hippy
11. Prairie
12. Your Fantasy
13. Luxotica
14. Diana Park

but the disc lists only 12 tracks precisely because as far as it's
concerned track 2 is `Alchemy' and track 4 is the outtro of `Love in
Space' and then `Aerospaceage Inferno'. But on the unbroken track 1 the
synth part of `In Your Area' starts at 04:24. So I guess that what
you've got is a rip of this track which tastefully quits just as Rizz
opens his trap :-) Should be easy enough to identify though, if it ends
with a bit of a calming movement involving a certain amount of Ron bass
noodling (as lamented by me in earlier post) and then just as it quits
is going all `Camera That Could Lie'... You can't say `hope that helps'
sincerely these days but I do, yours,
				      Jon

ObCD: Queens of the Stone Age - _Songs for the Deaf_ (anyone got an
opinion on the new one yet or are we *all* too old or too cool to care?)
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk