(OFF) Fear Of Shank Hall Planet, also Porcupine

Fri Jul 27 10:40:03 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 09:16:55AM -0500, mike coleman typed out:
> and Jon + rest, when I put SD up as a fave next to LBS, please consider I
> have both  standard "Lightbulb", AND German 2CD version...I recognize the
> brilliance on this recording, but it just doesn't keep my mood altogether,
> up and flowing, as much as SD

	I didn't get the 2CD version because by then I had learnt that
its `exclusive' tracks would come out on something else soon enough.
And, after a while _Recordings_ happened along, and because I hadn't
bought that 2CD version of an album I already had, there were actually
some tracks on it I didn't already own.

	I don't mind some duplication of material, by and large, though
in the case of HW _Spacebrock_ rather pushed the limit. But PT's Snapper
years did seem expressly designed to create things that a Kollector
would have to buy without generating any new actual music, and because
SW has done exactly the same with the first IEM album I'm inclined to
blame him not them. That and the series of soundalike insipid singles
those albums generated were really what disenchanted me with the band.
Since then I've been rather more relaxed about buying their stuff, but I
still have more PT discs on my shelves than items by any other band
except HW, even though they have a fraction of the number of releases.
Hmph, yours,
	     Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk