Reefer Madness?

David Kuznick dkuznick at ALUMNI.BRANDEIS.EDU
Tue Jul 31 13:28:10 EDT 2007

Quoting Stephen Swann <swann at PLUTONIA.COM>:

> On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 03:22:40PM +0100, M Holmes wrote:
> > OK, tell me how we'll vote in 3000 years and we'll get the laws set now.
> > Will AI's be permitted to vote? How about smart chimps? How about
> > sim avatars of dead people? What? You don't know? Neither did those
> > guys. That's why the laws have to be interpreted for the new age of
> > voting machines.
>
> You know, I'd all but forgotten about the CEO(?) of Diebold
> voting machines, who stated his commitment to "helping Ohio
> deliver its electoral votes to the president next year."
>
> That probably wasn't really as egregious as it sounded, but
> SHEESH.

Um, it probably was exactly as egregious as that:

http://rawstory.com/news/2005/Diebold_CEO_resigns_after_reports_of_1212.html

Do a search on Diebold and fraud.

--
David Kuznick   dkuznickATalumni.brandeis.edu
"Saturn comes back around to show you everything