Alan Davey

Steve Bishop steve.bishop at DB.COM
Mon Jun 18 04:44:43 EDT 2007

Whilst maybe not being quite so negative, when I said deputised ably I meant
he was good in a 'holding' job so that at least the gig would go ahead
.......... only man I know who could walk straight into Alan's role is Lemmy
and sadly he wasn't around ! He was meant to be there on Fri but didn't appear
due to illness although he was allegedly doing his own gig somewhere on Satday
eve ? Thought HW line-up played quite tightly although it was never going to
be the same without Alan .......... and I think the band sensed that too.

Hope it's just a temporary hiatus and Alan is soon back in the fold but if not
...................?

             Martin Hutchby
             <Thaiboysexpress at A
             OL.COM>                                                       To
             Sent by:                   BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
             BOC/Hawkwind                                                  cc
             Discussion List
             <BOC-L at LISTSERV.IS                                       Subject
             PNETINC.NET>               Re: Alan Davey

             18/06/2007 09:24

             Please respond to
                BOC/Hawkwind
              Discussion List
             <BOC-L at LISTSERV.IS
                PNETINC.NET>

Sorry, but Dibsy was bloody awful...........that dreadful monotone voice
that completely fell apart for Assassins. Poor gig. The only time I haven't
stayed for an encore. The fact Alan wasn't there had a huge impact. Can't
fault
Dibsy for trying, but I'm afraid he's way, way off. Might make a difference if

he doesn't try to sing though.
Don't wish to be so negative but that really was a band struggling  (IMHO of
course)
Angry backlash to the usual addresss please......................

Martin

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.