bronze film footage

Dave Bottomley daveb10000 at NTLWORLD.COM
Mon Mar 19 11:48:22 EDT 2007

Hi Steve

I'm pretty sure the TotP footage pre-dates the Space Ritual by a few months.
In fact, did they ever perform SM as part of the Space Ritual? AFAIR, it was
filmed at Dunstable sometime in the summer of 1972 (July?), specially *for*
TotP. My presumption is therefore that it was at least commissioned by, if
not filmed by, the BBC. Anyone know if I'm wrong to make that assumption?
Whilst it appears that it's Silver Machine being performed during some
sections, I wouldn't be at all surprised if what we're seeing is a actually
composite of different bits/songs from the gig. So, the real question is -
how much of the Dunstable gig did they film? And where are the out-takes?!

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On
Behalf Of Stephen Swann
Sent: 19 March 2007 15:21
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: bronze film footage

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 04:07:47PM +0100, Filip Vanhuyse wrote:
> Well,the "Silver Machine" footage with Stacia blowing bubbles is from
> the
> Space Ritual.The Bronze footage is on the 2 video
> "concerts,festivals,private parties1979-1989/1979-1992" I think.

Really?  I fucking love that clip - but I thought it was
taped off Top of the Pops.  Is that whole TOTP clip artificially constructed
then, or did TOTP show that footage rather than have the band perform?

And, is the rest of the SR footage basically like that?  And,
and, and... where do I send my check goddammitall???

Is this going to be one of those situations like when Dave
was surprised that we all love his guitar playing and want to hear more of
it?  Like, "Oh, you guys actually *want* that old Space Ritual video? Who
knew...?"

Steve