BOC: new remasters

Jason M. Scruton js3619 at ACMENET.NET
Mon Mar 26 11:56:25 EDT 2007

Quoting Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at CARLAZ.COM>:

> On 26/03/2007 10:19, Jonathan Jarrett wrote:
>> Odd that `Golden Age of Leather' doesn't seem improved much; I was
>> hoping the chorus at the beginning would become clearer, I don't
>> know; this song it seems to me has been cleaned up less
>> successfully than the others.

The one song I used to listen to a lot on the old CD/LP, "Death Valley
Nights,"  is one I can't listen to (with headphones) on the
remaster,The piano track sounds soooo 'wobbly' -- maybe it was always
treated this way but the remastering brought it out more -- that it
just throws me off each time (it's a bucking piano track then!hah!).

>> Eric looks less ridiculous than he could have done (the silver
>> spandex and cape picture in the _Agents of Fortune_ liner notes
>> proves how far he *could* have gone :-) )
>
> And _had_ in fact gone before.  On the other hand, Buck has never
> looked better than he did in the white suit and sporting the 'tache.

The SEE DVD di a lot to rectify Eric's image -- maybe because he
doesn't do as many hang gestures as he did on "Stairway to the Stars"
and prowls the stage a bit more than he does in Live 1976.

>> CE's already had a kind of remaster, hasn't it?
>
> Um, can't remember ....  Has it?

It was done for release in Europe/UK in 1999.

That Rhino Handmade would do a good job with an "imaginos special" is
a good idea.  I could see Pearlman being involved, I hope, thinking it
would make a fun challenge to wrap up that phase in his career the way
he oughta.

>> and does *anyone* care enough about tRbN?
>
> My guess is: No.

Moreso than Club Ninja... poor ol' Club.  I liked Take Me Away and the
paradigm of metal, Let Go (though I never listen to eyes on fire.
that's just plain creepy.)  CN is too... smooth.

I'm still waiting for OYF to join its remastered siblings.  if i had
to choose, i'd rather that alb than ETL.

better hold on tight to your soul now,
J.