HW: Do Not Panic documentary

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Sat Mar 31 04:08:22 EDT 2007

On 31 Mar 2007, at 1:52 AM, IainFerguson at AOL.COM wrote:

> I'd like to say that I thought the program tonight was excellent.
> Ok, you
> can be picky, BUT Hawkwind came across as still cool, And dave's
> none appearance
>  seemed very cool by the end.
>
> I think it was a shame that Nik's comments were allowed too much
> space, i'd
> have liked more of huw, simon, lemmy, plus having  del, dik, alan
> powell  &
> simon king actually speak.
>
> would have loved to have heard from Stacia ( coorrrrrr, some
> footage  tonight
> i aint seen before), and Simon King, plus some of the  less well known
> celebrity persons in the band....

If you read the Independent article link that was posted yesterday
you'll find out that the film maker tried to get input from Stacia,
Simon King, etc., but they just don't want to be interviewed about
Hawkwind.  (I don't think Simon King cooperated with the recent crop
of Hawkwind biographies, either.)  It also said that the documentary
was made on a very tight budget, so that would probably preclude
travelling far and wide to interview some ex-members.

Maybe a little Nik goes a long way for some people, but for my money
I thought Lemmy and Terry Ollis got more screen space.  I was
actually expecting more Nik at the time, but then thought afterwards
that maybe some of his input was cut out after Brock pulled out.

Still, all in all, a very nice documentary.

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

         --- Frank Vincent Zappa