Apology Last post, Glastonbury Silver Machine Calvert Digital

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu May 3 05:52:47 EDT 2007

mike coleman writes:

> Dear Technicians of BOC-L
> first of all I just WANTED you to know that about as soon as I sent my last
> post I emailed Ben and tried to stop it, but he either must have restored my
> diving gear of approved it very quickly
> I have a legitimate question with this one:
> I have a digital version of the original Silver Machine with Calvert's
> original vocal

Jeese Mike. *Where* do you get this stuff? You have access to alternate
timelines or something?

Good to hear you're still in the Kollecting biz though. I heard rumours
of Bad Juju concerning the dispersal of your Kollection.

> is this still one of my "credentials", or has it now appeared in  a more
> knowable place?

Not known to me.

> and FoFP, the same evil that could have kept Punkadelic OFF CD for all these
> years???????? ripped my Dawn Of Hawkwind away, and I no longer own your VERY
> dangerous-to-possess, but purposely downgraded version

Not mine. The story was that I gave a tape copy to a certain trusted
person with the understanding that no other copies would be made. They
gave a copy to another person (I later found out through other sources
who this was) and they put the sound out on the boot DoH. Then DS got
pissed off at me. It was a betrayal of trust issue.

> have you broken Doug's command yet?

No, but the person who did is occasionally around these parts.

> and BTW, I don't need an answer if this is the unmentionable, unspeakable,
> unknowable, unthinkable, unattainable, product of Doug's restraint or even
> your own

Well, at least there were no lawyers involved. I was just very sad the
stuff didn't get a good release as a result of all the nonsense. In the
end it meant my "Restricted" list became very very restricted.

FoFP