The Official Thru Black Holes Band Web Site

Jerry Kranitz jkranitz at AURAL-INNOVATIONS.COM
Fri May 4 03:57:20 EDT 2007

Announcing the official Thru Black Holes Band web site

http://aural-innovations.com/tbhb/index.html

Thru Black Holes Band released 24 cassette albums between 1989 - 2004. Based
in southern Ohio, the band consisted of Mike Roden, Jerry Rieger and Sug
Franklin, with Sug later replaced by Bolt (Bill Rolson). The music was
characterized by a brand of Space Rock and Psychedelia inspired by Hawkwind,
but with the band exploring many other styles and influences. This web site
exists because there is almost NO information to be found on the band
anywhere! You are unlikely to find their albums anywhere but here (FREE
downloads)! This site will be a work in progress, with full history, photos
and album notes coming in the near future.

Background: Several years ago I bought a cassette by Thru Black Holes Band
from Carl Howard's old Audiofile Tapes mail order. I loved the dark and
doomy brand of psychedelic space rock on the tape (U.F.O.) and for years
afterward tried to track down more. There was absolutely nothing on the band
to be found on the internet.... until recently, when I tracked down Thru
Black Holes Band ship commander Mike Roden.

Mike was thrilled to hear from me and enthusiastically gave permission to
make all 24 cassette albums available for free download from the web site.
BIG thanks to Scott Heller for transferring all the cassettes to CDR so that
they could be made available to the world in mp3 format!

So fans of space rock and freaky music should head on over now and start
downloading! AND... Mike Roden is also a noted underground comix artist.
Visit the Thru Black Holes Comix web site at www.thrublackholescomix.com

The Official Thru Black Holes Band web site:
http://aural-innovations.com/tbhb/index.html

Jerry Kranitz (jkranitz at aural-innovations.com)
Aural Innovations Space Rock Radio & E-zine
Aural-Innovations.com